Tuesday, June 09, 2009

overthinking

Things are rolling on through as they are supposed to. A lot of times we don't 'get it' or understand why things work out the ways they do, but we really don't have to, they just take place regardless. Lately, things have been working out 'weird' but nothing too crazy or out of the ordinary. I'm looking on and seeing my part in these things and it isn't like a deciding figure or role, but around and still welcome to be there.

It's like things I used to worry about and get stuck on, mentally, are being shown to me as workable without my involvement directly or indirectly. I'm witnessing what I wanted to see for a long time, people handling their own in their own ways. There aren't many ways or opportunities to actually be able to change someone who's into their ways pretty deep. We think we can change people, but time shows us that people are who they are and their ways are exactly that, their ways. If we have it in our heads that nobody can say anything to us, than it's been decided that what they have to say isn't going to stick. The only reason I know this is because I've had more than my fair share of tuning people out.

I've been seeing that there are those out there that have come to terms with life in their own ways. They took the knocks, the ups, the downs, the lifts, the disappointments, the smiles, the losses, and used what they knew to accept it all. We all go through these things at some point. It's up to use to face them or try and deny they have any impact. Some people brush them off, some people dwell, some laugh it off, other's gather people around to talk about it, others distance themselves to figure things out, and so on, and so on... but it's up to us and the tools we've been accustomed to using to figure out what is taking place. I've gotten to a point where worry isn't as prevalent as it once was back when a lot of things appeared overwhelming. My attention is more on myself now and figuring out what's taking place with me. It's a slow process figuring out things, but at least I'm there working on it with my own two hands. It's not all going to come easy, and there aren't many things that are.

This is an unusual year so far, but I like what has been getting shown to me. I just need to figure out my spot now though.

No comments: